Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Monday, March 06, 2006

Mission Accomplished

& boy are my arms tired. This was a grueling weekend but I'm happy with the results. Friday we had a lazy night, just going to CPK in Atlantic Station...I love the BLT pizza...I was hungry so I ate the whole thing myself. MMM.

Saturday morning I woke up & mowed the grass & it was actually sunny once on a Saturday...crazy. We went out to Lithonia to take some pictures for my wife's grad school project & then slummed it down at the Steak 'n Shake @ the Mall @ Stonecrest. Finally in the afternoon I got around to burying the cable for the landscape lights. I finally got the cord underneath the walkway...I used an old broom handle & a hammer to create a hole, then took a straightened clothes hanger w/the cord taped to it. Now the cord is safely underground & I managed to do it so I won't accidentally dig it up when I change out the flower beds in April. Finally I started trenching the beds & got a good portion done. I also had enough dirt to fill in some holes in the yard. That night we went to an Engagement party in Mableton & then to E. Andrews & Dantanas, the former which I hadn't been to in forever & the latter which I'd never been to (FYI, it's kinda a cross between a nice restaurant & a sports bar, w/lots of TV's & dark panelling).

Sunday we started out a little slow, but took our dog to the dog park @ Piedmont, which was absolutely crazy. People looked like ants all over the park. I finally finished trenching that afternoon, planted pachysandra around the base of our house & then put the pine straw down & swept. By that time I was exhausted & still am.

The painters finish up today so I'm going to try to take some pictures & put them up...it's off to Philly this weekend.

Google