Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thursday, February 23, 2006

It's Carnival Thursday!

Unfortunately I'm not getting WWL streaming webcast for some reason, but regardless it's the Thursday of Mardi Gras. Bablyon, Chaos & Muses all roll through Uptown tonight...I would literally jump in the car if someone said they were going to NOLA right now. I'm so jealous.

My first year we left on Thursday afternoon & rolled into NOLA on Friday early morning (around 6 AM) & started going after it. Friday is an awesome parade day with Herme, Krewe d'Etat & others. It's the first major day with all day parades. The weather looks pretty good...mostly clouds & in the 60's/70's. Maybe some rain tomorrow night which would stink though. Not like it won't be fun though.

In Olympic news, tonight is my wife's night at the Games. She's estatic to watch the ladie's free skate, which they have been hyping on NBC forever now. I hope we pull it out over the Russians. On an aside, do you feel like the Italian National anthem sounds like a drinking song? They're always so jovial when singing.

Also, the Gold Medal Curling Match will be on during lunch today. Why do I love this sport so much???

UPDATE: Argh: Being without internet for an extended period of time is no fun. As you can see though, I'm finally back now.

WWL also appears to be back up & running. I'm trying to avoid Olympic results though, but trying to hear the latest on Mardi Gras (instead they're talking about Port situation, which is completely overblown, as is everything else talked about as a negative about Bush).

In Olympic news, I spent my lunch hour lifting & watching the women's Gold Medal match for curling. I turned in on in the locker room & when I came back there were people watching. Also some guy turned it on while running on the treadmill, & while I was on the cross-country machine (basically an updated Nordic Track, which is HARD), & there ended up being four people watching...see I'm not the only one into Curling!! For those of you like me who care, Sweden beat Switzerland by a point. Yeah my heritage (Swedish).

Google