Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Monday, February 20, 2006

Yet another false alarm

We were supposed to have gotten some winter weather this weekend, but as per usual, the rain came before the cold weather, & the 2 did not meet. I washed the car Friday night in a T-shirt and then mowed the grass & sweated first thing Saturday morning. After that though it poured rain, as it does every single Saturday & then got freezing cold, not getting above freezing until about 1 PM on Sunday. Oh well. Maybe we'll get a March snowstorm.

NBA All-Star Game: I don't care one bit about this game, but I am very glad it did not happen in Atlanta this year. The year it did (2003?) the traffic was so bad it took us over an hour to get to Buckhead (Moondogs) from the Druid Hills area. Argh. I don't think that will be back any time soon. I wonder if the traffic gets that bad in other cities where it's hosted, or if they decided to do a pseudo-Freaknik.

We're trying to stalk airline tickets...I found this article confirming a rumor I've heard. I hope it's true because right now it's not looking so good...$300/ticket. We're also thinking of flying to DC or Baltimore and having someone pick us up.

The Olympics this weekend was good. The Americans seem to be doing fairly well, although I wish we were better at cross-country, because it is a really cool sport. Bad break for the American Ice Hockey women, but hopefully we'll win the Bronze. I'm going to watch today during a late lunch 1 PM NBC extended daytime coverage during my workout. That will make the day go fast.

Question of the day: Anyone know how to get some cheap pachysandra in Atlanta?

Google