Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Happy Mardi Gras/Happy Olympics

Well, it's definitely parade season in NOLA. Parades roll every day from now until next Tuesday, the big day. I'm trying to listen to WWL at work but it's not streaming for some reason today. Not sure if that's a technical glitch on their end or mine.

I'm exhausted from watching these Olympics. It's much harder when you're working. Way to go USA though. We're approaching our Salt Lake totals (albeit w/the advantage of the addition of more sports we're good at), but this is way better than the last non-US-hosted Olympics, which I think was 13 medals. We're already up to 18 I believe. As per usual the "favorites" often have fizzled, but the randoms have risen to the occasion. The speed skating showdown was great last night. Not quite the "Canadian Pair" controversy, but good for some drama. I know Hedrick was pissed about not beating Shani.

Also, we're officially going to Philly in a few weeks. Come on snowstorm (haha). I'll have to start watching the weather forecasts soon. How cool would it be to get a Nor'easter & get snowed in.

Sums it up perfectly: Read this. Start halfway down where it says "Free at last". It talks about how I live the Olympics. Of course I DO love rowing. I'm some people do the Olympics like I do. I LOVE them, but it will be a relief to get my life back until August 2008 (haha!!!!).

UPDATE:
1) I haven't blogged about UVa much yet, but the basketball team is actually doing decent in ACC play, beating B.C. who was #11 at the time (well I guess techincally still is until the next polls). Usually we do great pre-season & then stink once ACC play starts.

2) That new NBC show Conviction: It looks like the new Grey's Anatomy for lawyers. I really want to watch, but I think it's on Friday nights...eww. In any event I JUST realized that it's a double meaning: Conviction as in putting someone in jail & Conviction as in doing your work passionately. That's after they've played the commercial during EVERY Olympic commercial break.

3) Did anyone see the skater that skated to an elevator-music version of Like A Prayer last night (albeit w/no burning crosses)? Crazy. I can just imagine some cello player slumped down passionately playing that song. Also, I didn't get to see the end of the game, but USA is down to Finland 4-3 w/a tiny bit left in the 3rd (that's Men's Ice Hockey by the way).

Google