Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sleep

Last night we slept from 10 PM to 7 AM...it feels great. I'm still exhausted & a bit sick, but feeling much better. Busy day @ work today, but nothing too terrible.

Being that it's March, it's time to start some yardwork. I put down Bone Meal for the bulbs last night & will be putting down Scott's crabgrass preventer this weekend. Also, I have to retrench all the bed borders & put down fresh pine straw. That'll make a huge difference. I also have to finally bury the cable for the landscape lighting...going under the concrete I hope will not be too much of an issue. I plan to kind of dig it out with a tree branch. Lots to do before March 19 when the church folks come over (that's my self-imposed deadline so I don't procrastinate).

Also, for those wondering, my next big "holiday" I like is the Kentucky Derby. That starts about two weeks beforehand with the Thunder Over Louisville fireworks display (that's Loo-vul by the way). As it gets closer to May 6, Derby Day, I'll give more updates.

UPDATE: Interesting news of the day: The Criminal Clerk of Courts in Orleans Parish, LA (NOLA) currently has an arrest warrant out for her, which is playing havoc with the sign up (today and yesterday) for the Mayor's race. Only in NOLA. She is currently in hiding.

The UVa men's basketball team lost a really bad one to ranked UNC last night. There goes any hope we have of making the NCAA unless we beat Maryland & have a great ACC tournament run. Argh. I'm going to put out my flag though from now until the end of the NCAA's or the end of the NIT, whichever we make.

Phrase of the day: "on the lam": Hiding out from the law.

Google