Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Was warm weather in January precursor of things to come?

Last night I was watching TV & cruising the Internet on info about potential snow & came information about the 1993 Superstorm. Although we only got 4" in Atlanta, some of the northern suburbs got upwards of 10-20". That's the weird thing about Atlanta...if there is winter weather, it's usually lots of snow in the northern fringes but all rain in the southern suburbs. Apparently though, it was 75 degrees the day before the storm hit, so when they predicted snow, no one paid any attention. I wonder if that could happen again...maybe not another "Storm of the Century" (although it is now a different century), but a good batch of snow in Atlanta. We are overdue...we usually get 1-2" per year, but We've only had about 2-3" in the 6 years I've been here. I have hope!

The Today Show is in Milano today. Torino tomorrow. Very exciting. During the Olympics I'll obviously have updates as they warrant, starting with the Opening Ceremonies. The Coverage kicks off at 6 PM on Friday with Olympic Ice, the Skating recap show. I won't normally watch that during the Games, but since it's the only thing on during that time Friday, I'll make an exception. We're having Linguine alla Carbonara for dinner in honor, and the Ceremonies coverage starts at 8 PM EST.

For those that know me, I'm very into working out...typically I'll do 6 days/week...3 cardio days, mixing up spinning, elliptical and running. The other days I'll do weights...back/biceps/abs, chest/tricep/abs, and legs/shoulders/abs. I think it's a pretty good system. Maybe the Olympics will inspire me to work out harder...not longer, just smarter, more efficiently & harder.

UPDATE: Check out the Torino weather.

Also, know any drinking games for Olympic Opening Ceremonies? We just got invited to a Opening Ceremonies party.

Hurricanes 2K6: There's an area of deep convection near the Canary Islands/Africa that has a slight chance of becoming Alberto. Remember, since it's past 12/31/05, we're using the 2006 list of names (& Greek if necessary).

Google