Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Friday, January 27, 2006

Texas Time Travelin'

Ever wonder what things would be like if you'd make one different choice in life (a la Sliding Doors)? I was thinking this morning on the way in, listening to Cory Morrow, that if I'd gone to Southern Millionaires...I mean Methodist University how my life would be different...like:
1) I'd be in no debt whatsoever, instead of sending a hefty check to Emory each month (yet they still hit me up for donations!).
2) We'd have a house in Irving or North Dallas instead of the Upper West Side of Midtown (I know the UWS is a stupid name, but that's what the A.J.C. calls us now).
3) My sister might be at University of Texas instead of University of Georgia (and she's probably have big hair).
4) I'd take the Stemmons Freeway to work and take the LBJ or the George Bush Tollway to the Galleria.
5) Instead of taking our dog to Piedmont Park and the Silver Comet Trial, we'd take him to Lake Lewisville or White Rock Lake.
6) We'd be American Airlines customers instead of Delta customers (Remember: You can't go to hell in the south without connecting through Atlanta).
7) We might be riding the brand new DART rail around instead of trying to avoid MARTA (It's not really smarta).

Olympic update: Apparently Torino is suffering from a lack of snow. See HERE. Apparently they're supposed to get about a foot. I'm not worried though. I think it was Lillehammer that was in a snow-drought but then a few days before the '94 Games it started snowing like gangbusters. Also in Innsbruck (I think) the Soldiers had to truck snow in from other mountains.

Finally, any bets on the actual start date for the 2006 Hurricane Season? Alberto is the 1st up to bat. The "official" date is only 125 days away.

UPDATE: Off to Atlantic Station for some Martini's...yeah. Probably in the clean car too.

Google