Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Friday, February 03, 2006

Commuting in from OTP

For all non-Atlantans, that's "Outside the Perimeter". Being OTP is somewhat of a stigma...they even get their own area code (770) out there. There's even a commercial on the radio where this couple is talking & saying "Wow, I feel bad for Bob...he lives OTP".

In any event, I had to pick up some building materials & the closest place to get them was on the Kennesaw/Marietta line. It was kind of cool to see the fog in the pines though...Sounds like a Ray Charles song. In any event, it reminded me of my Southlake to Farmer's Branch commute when we lived in the [Dallas] Metroplex. It was over 22 miles each way & entering/exiting 3 different freeways, 114, 121 & LBJ (see here).

One More week until the Olympic Games in Torino! My wife & her mom are in talks to come up w/a Northern Italian Meal.

Because I had to go to Marietta, I got up an hour early. We get a call though at 6:30 this morning saying that our friend from North Carolina had literally just gotten to town. We're going to try to hit Piebar, the historic Bank turned Pizza Parlor/Trendy Bar (who would have thought??!). It's one of those places that's always crowded so we've never tried it, but friends in from out of town is a perfect excuse.

New Orleans update: Once again, bad luck. Now 3 tornadoes, 2 F-1's & an F-2, have struck the city. This is a huge rarity for NOLA, & especially for February (see here).

FORGOTTEN SONG & BAND OF THE DAY: Crazy Game of Poker (Who's up for game three? I can barely see the bourbon drowning next to me, and I just lost it all.) & Jimmy's Chicken Shack (my old roommate's FAVORITE band).

Google