Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thursday, January 26, 2006

T - 15 Days Until Torino

1) I've been fighting w/our company's parking service about my scratched bumper. We have "valet" parking, which really just seems like an excuse for them to drive my car recklessly. Every time I call, they say they'll get "right back to me". The scratch is not that bad, so it shouldn't be that expensive. It would seem to me that they'd want it taken care of & me out of their hair....argh.

2) Last night I had a dream that one morning I woke up and my parents and I decided to head down to NOLA for Mardi Gras. We didn't head towards the parade route until about 1 PM, but I was still determined to get a coveted spot on Lee Circle (as I've done the last two MG's I went to). My dad insisted on going to the French Quarter though, which I think is a pain during MG b/c it's so crowded. What does this dream mean??? In reality I much prefer going out early (~ 8 AM), getting a prime spot on the outside of Lee Circle, sitting in some folding chairs w/a cooler & enjoying the day. The beads almost fall in your lap!

3) I looked last night on my computer for the CBS Olympic theme, last played in Nagano. They didn't have it. My wife decided though it's better than Bugler's Dream on NBC (although I don't know if I'd go that far). In any event we ended up watching highlights from '94 Lillehammer. I hadn't edited out the commercials & they were hilarious...a Sprint commercial (not PCS, just Spring (the pin drop and Murphy Brown)) & Prodigy to get you online....does Prodigy still exist? Lastly there was a commercial for the Texas lottery & Randalls...blasts from the past from my West Lake Hills (TX) days.

Google