Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Monday, January 30, 2006

Good Mornin' Peaches

That comes a la Moby in the Morning on North Georgia Country WNGC out of Athens (The Biggest Small Town in the World) & Gainesville. Another Monday morning. It's nice now, but supposed to rain later.

I'll be a lot better off when the week is over. I am not looking forward at all to going to the Hearing on Wednesday. I'm going to prepare like crazy the next two days for this. You know that sinking feeling in your stomach where you are dreading something, even though you know almost for sure that it won't be nearly as bad as you think it will be. Argh. If I can only make it another 50 hours or so.

Olympics: Speaking of time, it turns out that Torino is 6 hours different than Eastern Standard Time. Therefore when I get up in the morning around 7, it'll already been 1 PM. No word yet on whether NBC will do it's dual website yet, w/one w/real time results & one w/"TV time" results (so no spoilers). Since this is my 1st Olympics at work, it'll be tough not to peek. Katie (Couric) & Matt (Lauer) are still in the studios. I guess they will get to Italy either on Wednesday (2/1) or next Monday (the week of the Games).

Football: Does anyone really care whether Pittsburgh or Seattle wins, except for those 2 cities? Why is it every year I could care less about the 2 teams???

Question of the day: I'm going to install uplighting on the front of the house. I have the option of using 10, 20, 36 or 50 watt spotlights. What is the appropriate wattage to light a two-story house? I've not been able to find a definitive answer anywhere. I'm leaning on either 36 or 50.

UPDATE: The promised storms are rolling through the Metro area...nothing huge it doesn't appear, but maybe some street flooding on the low sections. As long as it's not as bad as it was when Ivan rolled through in September 2004, we'll be okay.

Google