Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thursday, March 01, 2007

March comes in like a lion...

Ok, I'm sure I'm not the only one that has said that, but it is a stormy day today. Nothing too severe yet, but I can't see out my window and it's pitch black out. There are tornadoes in southern Alabama and southern Mississippi, but then again, when aren't there tornadoes there? Reminds me of a joke:

What's the similarity between an Alabama tornado & an Alabama divorce?
A: Either way someone is going to lose a trailer.

I was looking today at tours of Southfork Ranch in Collin County, Texas. It's $9.50/person, but I think well worth the money & the 28 mile trip up from Dallas. I can hear the theme music now.

Also, El Nino is gone, which means 2007 might be a bad hurricane season for the Atlantic. We shall see. To make matters worse, not only is El Nino gone, but La Nina might be coming, which enhances hurricane activity.

UPDATE:
Looks like the most severe storms with Tornadoes are staying to the south of us, around Columbus and Macon. However, it is very dark here, unusual for just 5:40 at night.

Also, tonight is the HUGE VT/UVa game...whoever wins this is at least tied for 1st place in ACC play, and if Georgia Tech beats Carolina (here in Atlanta), the VT/UVa winner takes ACC outright (at least for now). Go Hoos! Go Ramblin' Wreck!

Labels: , , ,

Google