Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Mardi Gras Day!

Happy Mardi Gras everyone. I'm at work and it's rainy in in the 40's here, but schools from Lake Charles, Louisiana to Pensacola, Florida are closed today so people can celebrate.

I took the American flag down today (since President's Day weekend is over) and put up the UVa flag, in honor of us being ranked for the first time I believe since 2001. Assuming we can keep ourselves ranked at least for next week (which shouldn't be hard playing Miami and a home game with Georgia Tech), I'll keep that up until April 9, one week after the NCAA championship game here in Atlanta. Then I think we have some sort of spring flag that my wife's mom gave us.

The big question is whether I go out tonight. So far I haven't heard anything, but Fontaine's in the Highlands always has a big party. Last year I did not feel so good on Ash Wednesday though, so I may just have to watch festivities on television.

Alright, Zulu is just getting started...let's see if I can get any work done today!

Labels:

Google