Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

March Madness

UI was going to post a PDF of my March Madness bracket, but I can't seem to do it. In any event, I think it's going to be LSU v. UNC w/UNC coming out on top for the 2nd straight year. I think Texas, Memphis, Indiana, UConn, Villanova & Florida will be the other Elite 8 teams. Atlanta is hosting 1/4 of the bracket, including Duke...I don't think Duke will get past LSU though, which is just fine w/me. For some reason I hold a hatred in my heart for Duke (not the students, just the school itself)...almost as bad as my hatred for FSU in football season.

UVa is playing Stanford tonight at 9:30 out in California. I think we may have a chance to make a run at the NIT because we were doing great until the very end of the season, & played respectably in the ACC tournament. Our future opponent would be Missouri State, who I don't know anything about, but I imagine they're at least decent because they have a 1st-round NIT bye.

I mowed my grass last night as well. After 9 days it was very, very long, but looks very, very good now. I have to cut it back down to 1/2" soon (probably next Thursday), so that the Bermuda grass can come back. Hopefully that won't be too traumatic...just when the Ryegrass was looking nice too!

UPDATE: This is super nerdy, but there is a contest called Weather Dance put on by some University of Michigan students. The point is to predict which school's campus will be colder on the day they play. I filled out a bracket for the men & the women. Some is obvious (Texas v. UPenn), but some is really difficult (Alabama v. UCLA???)

Google