Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Drought continues...worse in Alabama

I just found out that Birmingham Water Works (as of June 7, 2007) now only allows hand watering two days a week before 10 AM and after 10 PM...that makes it almost impossible to water anything! I think I'd just sit outside with a drink and spray the hose around anytime I could. In addition, customers are limited to 12 CCF's, and after that there is a surcharge imposed on the water. I think we usually use about 18 CCF's? (Not sure about that one, and there's really no way to tell how much of that is for showers and washing clothes and how much is for the lawn). Finally, golf courses are only allowed to water greens and tees three days per week...yikes...that must make for an ugly golf course! (Even Atlanta golf courses can water on Saturday mornings midnight to 10 AM!!!).

Other than that, no real news...just hot as usual.

Labels: ,

Google