Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Big update

1) Watering restrictions: Everything seems to have leveled out...we're still on the 10 hours/week, but nothing worse than that. I have until July 17 to water my new Japanese Holly...the huge Japanese holly that I thought was dead actually has a bunch of green leaves on it now, so I don't think I'll get another 30-day exemption after that!

2) Wimbledon: It starts this week, with Wake Up to Wimbledeon on every morning for the next two weeks. Fun times...I love that they play on grass...feels very old school. Now I just wish I had some strawberries & cream to eat!

3) The Peachtree Road Race is next Wednesday (July 4). I think I'm fairly ready for it...I don't think that the fire hydrants will have the sprayers attached this year since we're in a drought though ( ): ) Hopefully the holy water at St. Philips will at least be turned on.

4) Also next Wednesday is the announcement for the 2014 Winter Games.

5) Also next Wednesday is the beginning of the Henley Regatta in England (early July seems to be the best month in Great Britain, which is why we might take a trip there next year!).

6) Forecasters are saying that with this drought, temps might climb to 103-108 degrees in Atlanta this summer b/c there is no humidity to bring temps down. Yikes...I think that 103 and dry is WAY better than 90 and muggy though. They're still saying we need a tropical storm to help out, and that the effects of Barry are bascially gone (and the S. Georgia fire is not quite out, and could flare up again).

7) Next Monday is Canada Day (we have 2 canadian neighbors so I keep up)...Normally it's July 1 except in years when that is a Sunday, like this year.

Labels: , , , ,

Google