Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rain in our neighborhood!!!

So we're finally getting some actual rain in our neighborhood. We got some yesterday and we're getting more today. I can't tell sitting at my desk, and the Weather Channel radar is about 25 minutes out of date, but there are storms moving down the Chattahoochee, going from Six Flags Whitewater in Marietta down to Six Flags Over Georgia in Lithia Springs & Sweetwater Creek State Park in Douglas County. We also got rain yesterday, and it actually covered the street.

The whole Atlanta metro area is under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch until 10 PM tonight (as we were last night). This is definitely beneficial.

However, they say we'll need 40-50" of rain to end the drought, and at least 12" just to get back to normal rainfall for the year...looks like no loosening of water restrictions anytime soon! Since last time I blogged, Carroll County went to no watering whatsoever until further notice. No other drought news.

Also, I've decided that (to use one of the main characters Barney's words), How I Met Your Mother is one of the "awesomest" shows ever...even better that it only takes 15 minutes to watch using DVR! I think that the Robin Sparkles episode has got to be the funniest.

Labels: , ,

Google