Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...Phoenix! City of Atlanta issues additional watering ban

The City of Atlanta has just issued an additional Watering Ban: Even addresses now can only water midnight to 10 AM on Saturday mornings, and Odd addresses, like me can only water midnight to 10 AM on Sunday mornings. Looks like I'll have to reset the timers to come on Sunday mornings, pull out the other timer to start watering @ midnight, and wake up by 8 AM on Sunday morning to turn on the sprinklers again...it'll then be a LONG week before I can do it over again, and heaven forbid if I am out of town one Sunday! We need the rain. Fortunately I think that the new bushes I planted fall under the "newly planted" exception, so I'll be able to water those, and hopefully the water will leak down into the grass!

Speaking of Phoenix though, we just got back from Paradise Valley, Arizona. I managed to get a nice tan without peeling. It's a nice place, but very different from here...so many cacti and lawns made of red pebbles. Hot too...in the low 100's, although this week I think it's much cooler.

It's also time for the big Memorial Day weekend...we've got our flag out on the front porch...

Memorial Day also means that Hurricane Season 2007 officially starts on Friday. Even though we've already had Andrea, this is the "official" start, as seen by the Weather Channel w/ads to the effect of "Hurricane Season starts June 1st, only here on the Weather Channel"...a little dramatic if you ask me. You'd think a CAT 5 was going to bear down on us that day...it's not American Idol!

Labels: , ,

Google