Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Atlanta...It's a Dry Heat

Still no rain in Atlanta, although they're predicting a 20% chance and there are currently some thunderstorms about 100 miles south of us in Houston County (near Macon). Still the same water restrictions and it looks like they'll continue unless we get a Hurricane Opal- like storm to hit us here in Atlanta...hopefully without the flooding and the 5000 downed trees however!

Today is the 6th anniversary of the formation of Tropical Storm Allison, who caused havoc due to flooding in Houston even though it was only a weak Tropical Storm. That is the only Tropical Storm name to be retired to date. (Why do I suddenly have Glen Cambpell's "Galveston" stuck in my head??

I was able to finally turn on the sprinklers in the 3rd neighborhood park...those have been off since about the time of the 9/11 attacks. Finally it all works, save one zone, but I set all the others to go on twice during the Saturday midnight to 10 AM time frame...neighbors came out and were very happy.

Finally, I picked out a television for my mother in law, the Olevia 532H, a 32" LCD flat-screen HDTV. I found it at Beach Camera in Edison, New Jersey for $618.00 which offers free shipping and no sales tax except to residents of New Jersey.

Labels: , , ,

Google