Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Horse Racing Season



Above is a video of Foxfield Races in April in Virginia...I did not take this video but I think I know some of the people in the video. In any event, Carolina Cup is this weekend in Camden, South Carolina. I am very excited. Going with the wife and our friends from Columbia and we'll be having a somewhat 'adult' Carolina Cup. We'll still be mixin' up the cocktails, but we'll have plenty of food, including ham biscuits and sour cream cake. I'll be in the seersucker, pink shirt & Carolina Palmetto/Crescent Moon tie. So far the weather looks perfect as well....75 & sunny w/basically no chance of rain.

I'm making a "Carolina Cup 2007" mix for the car ride over (33 miles but could take an hour w/all the traffic). So far:

1) 2001 Space Odyssey (South Carolina football intro)
2) Carolina Girl - Chairman of the Board
2) Raise Up (This one's for South Carolina) - Petey Pablo
3) Carolina in My Mind - James Taylor
4) Doraville - Atlanta Rhythm Section
5) Georgia - Ludacris & Field Mob
6) Bama Breeze - Jimmy Buffett
7) Coast of Carolina - Jimmy Buffett
8) Ramblin' Man - Allman Brothers
9) Long Way to Richmond - Travis Tritt
10) Margaritaville (Live from Atlanta) - Jimmy Buffett
11) Soulshine - Allman Brothers
12) Ridin' - Chamillionaire
13) 5 o'clock somewhere - Jimmy Buffett & Alan Jackson

Labels: ,

Google