Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Friday, October 06, 2006

Huge Football Weekend

Virginia v. East Carolina (in Greenville...ACC v. C*USA)
Texas/Oklahoma (Go Horns...national coverage on ABC in Dallas at the Fairgrounds)
Tennessee/Georgia (Go Dawgs, & to hell with Tennessee! (but I'm VERY nervous about this game)).
LSU/UF (Geaux Tigers...beat the jean-short and tank-top wearing rednecks from Gainesville)
Austin Westlake High v. Bastrop High (Chaps NEED a win after an unusual District loss to Austin High (which has spawned Facebook groups to pop up as a result) ...also the big showdown with the Buda Hays Rebels is coming up and that's a toss-up.
Wake Forest v. Clemson (who would have thought that this would be a crucial game in determining the ACC Champ from the Atlantic Division??)

I'll be listening to my Wahoos as best I can on 1140 WVRA once the sun goes down. It's on CSTV but we don't get that & I'm not going to order it for one game. Argh.

Lufkin/Longview (Texas high school football) was on last night and is being replayed many times this weekend...wow, that brings back the memories.

Of course the few times I root for FSU they lose...I needed FSU to beat N.C. State so we wouldn't look so bad, but it was not to be. Chesty Amato has Daddy Bowden's number. So does Son Bowden at Clemson to some degree. I hope we beat FSU, but we've never won a game in the state of Florida before (or west of the Mississippi I believe).

I think I have a Facebook problem...I've been spending WAY too much time on there lately, and I have no idea why. But on the positive side I've caught up with (Westlake) high school friends, rowing friends from college and my parents' friends' kids from Cincinnati.

Google