Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Friday Night LIghts

I watched the show on NBC last night & thought it to be pretty good. The Dillon Panthers are the team, and they play at Pflugerville (Austin) Kuempel Stadium, which has been renamed to Herrman Stadium (not coincidentally the name of P'ville's head coach). Their first opponent was the Westurby Chapparals...sounds very close to my alma mater, the Westlake Chapparals...both teams are red, white & blue and have a logo on the Astroturf that is a red "W" with a blue chapparal (roadrunner) on it. Also, the first episode tackled (pardon the pun) the issue where a player was paralyzed after a strong hit...this occurred when Westlake played San Antonio James Madison High in 2003 and a Westlake player tackled Madison's David Edwards. All in all a good show & I'll watch it next week...brings back the memories.

I heard a new song today, "'Bama Breeze" by Jimmy Buffett. It's about a beach bar (a generic one, not one in particular), but the video is set at the Fire Dog Saloon in Mississippi after Katrina. Both the song & the video are excellent & remind me of Beach Weeks in North Myrtle Beach at the Helms Vista (which was a nasty hotel that has now been torn down to build luxury condos).

The big Tennessee/Georgia game is this weekend...I'll definitely be watching after we finish our "Foyers" dinner. Also ECU/UVa is at 6 PM which I'll have to listen to on 1140 WRVA after dark because our cable system doesn't even offer the option to purchase CSTV...you CAN get it in VA however, not that it helps me. I think UVa can pull it out, but it'll be tough...for some reason I was thinking ECU was D-II, but it turns out they're in the C*USA.

Google