Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thursday, September 28, 2006

University of South Carolina v. Auburn & Isaac (& Joyce??)

Big SEC matchup tonight: South Carolina v. Auburn. I think Auburn will win, even though it's at Williams-Brice in Columbia. I'll be watching, and maybe having a cocktail or two....

Isaac formed this morning but as per usual a la 2006, it's going out to sea and will be no threat to land. There is another disturbance that might be forming (which would be Joyce), and this too might go out to land, but actually has a decent shot of hitting the U.S. Storm predictors are saying though that something could flair up near the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. That could potentially be bad for the Gulf Coast, and would be strange too, because depending on timing, this would be Kirk, or the "K" storm, just as Katrina was. We shall wait and see.

Big Duke/UVa Matchup this weekend at high noon on Atlanta's new CW (Channel 10 for the locals). I can't believe that the Duke game is the first UVa game I'll see on TV down here (since I was AT the Georgia Tech game), but I'm not complaining.

I still haven't seen Abrams & Bettes and because of the game it might not be tonight, but maybe I'll catch it Friday or next week.

Fulton County (where I live and where the City of Atlanta is (mostly)) has just been issued a Severe Thunderstorm warning until 5:45 PM all the way from Alpharetta to Piedmont Park. Should make rush hour awesome. Speaking of which, check out Atlanta's traffic here. Great resource for commuters that don't want to wait for the "Local on the 8's" on the Weather Channel or wade through confusing TV & Radio traffic reports.

Google