Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Columbia 2001

I can't wait to hear the strains of Space Odyssey 2001 when I get to Williams-Brice for the Georgia-South Carolina game on Saturday night. Unfortunately it'll be during the Ohio State/Texas game, but considering that we don't yet have tickets, I think we'll be able to keep up w/the score on someone's tailgate TV. I can't wait as well to have me some Carolina Bagel on Saturday morning. That's good stuff. By that point (early in the AM) we'll be tailgating.

Also it's this weird non-planned tradition that there's a tropical system always coming when I'm in Columbia. This time it's Florence, but she doesn't seem to be causing any trouble except to Bermuda. No other systems are out there...there was something near NC that was promising but that wasn't strong enough before it merged w/a Low Front, and there was something near Florence, but she absorbed that potential Gordon.

I think we could actually get through hurricane season w/o a major storm hitting the US, but too soon to tell.

News from the weird: Vince Marinello, radio personality for about 30 years on WWL is in jail tonight for killing his wife...they were going through a divorce & living in a FEMA trailer and he apparently did it & then sped up to Jackson to catch a Saints game. Crazy.

Google