Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Friday, September 01, 2006

Ernesto, Florence, Gordon

Well Ernesto isn't really Ernesto anymore. It's moving over northern Virginia, Maryland & Pennsylvania. It made landfall near Cape Lookout, NC (the middle Cape) as an almost hurricane (4 mph from a hurricane at 70 mph) and did the most Virginia damage in Williamsburg (where my parents live), but basically spared Richmond except for flooding in Battery Park (but NOT Shockoe Bottom!). People put down sandbags just in case, and Jorma Duran was in Richmond to report.

There are a few waves to be "concerned" about, both of which could form into depressions and/or storms (Florence & Gordon respectively) by Sunday. We'll have to watch it, but obviously no threat to the Labor Day weekend.

I'm off to Tybee....the Gamecocks won last night! Go HOOS tomorrow...beat Pitt! (I'll be "watching" online because I'm sure the rental unit does not get ESPNU...who does (well my parents-in-law do w/the Dish)????

Google