Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Monday, May 22, 2006

Oh No Barbaro...

It looks like he's still fighting for his life, but having some fun while doing it. His doctors give his chances of survival at 50/50, but he jogged back to his stall after his surgery & was checking out the female horses, which is good because they hope to breed him. It's too bad b/c I really thought that he could be a triple-crown winner. Read an article from the New York Times about Barbaro.

Congressman Bill Jefferson of Greater New Orleans got caught taking a bribe from a wealthy Virginia on tape. Pretty dumb, especially since he is apparently the 1st black Louisiana Congressman since Reconstruction.

NOAA is predicting an above-normal hurricane season, including 4-6 MAJOR hurricanes (Cat 3+), along w/all the other predictors, who I can't keep up w/. They will not make a prediction on when & where they will hit. There currently is a tropical disturbance in the Caribbean, but it's not expected to turn into anything.

Finally, I know I don't watch NBA, but does it seem that the NBA finals have been going on FOREVER? Be done w/it already! I think even if I was a fan, I'd be bored by now (it's probably the one pro sport I don't watch at all!).

Google