Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Prelude to Hurricane Season

My trip to Chicago was cancelled at the last minute. I was actually at the airport and got a call from work saying not to go...crazy stuff...but I did spend a lot of billable time traveling to & from. Today I'm trying to get organized/play catch-up, which isn't too bad.

I found this cool website from the South Florida Sun-Sentinel about Hurrcane Andrew. Click here for interactive features & coolest of all the old Newspaper Articles from back then (I guess 1992 is "back then" now).

Finally, I signed up for this contest on the Houston Chronicle about when hurricane season would start with Alberto. I said June 5 & that Alberto would get winds of up to 71 MPH (strong Tropical Storm). You can enter too by going to Blogs, then SciGuy.

P.S. The most hits I get through Google are for people looking for Jorma Duran, the Weather Channel Guy. Think if I write his name a lot, Jorma Duran, I'll get more hits? haha.

Google