Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Friday, May 12, 2006

Off to Ole Virginia

Just a few more hours at work...once again my deposition got cancelled as I was on my way...made it as far as the Marquis II Tower doors & had to turn around.

It's always tough to do work when you know you're leaving early. I wish we could move up our flight, but to no avail. My mother-in-law will be sure to feed us a LOT.

Sunday we're going to the final round of the Kingsmill Michelob Ultra LPGA tournament. That should be fun...kind of like horse racing with golf clubs. We have tickets to the hospitality tent, which is very nice.

Speaking of this weekend, it's my sister's birthday, my wife's graduation, Mother's Day, my grandparents coming from Florida, the McKee/Koons wedding, etc. etc. Yikes.

We're meeting up with a friend of mine from Duluth, Georgia for drinks before the weddings....funny how some people you never see, even if they live in your metro area, unless you're both out of town in the same place.

It's getting closer to the sign-up deadline for the Quebec marathon. Again, who thought marathon #2 was a good idea???

I learned today that Gainesville, Florida is the southernmost deciduous city in the world (meaning trees), and it's considered the "End of the South".

Finally, why does Virginia not have a signature song, like the Carolinas (Going to Carolina) or Georgia (on my Mind)? It'd be cool if there was a well-known "VA" song.

Google