Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Friday, May 05, 2006

Louisville's Day at the Races

Ok, that's a bit of a Misnomer now, because the Kentucky Oaks in the last 15 years has drawn the crowds (over 110,000 last year) and the celebrities, and most of Louisville is shut down today. What most people don't know is that Oaks Day is one of the biggest sporting events in terms of attendance in the country, but very few people have heard about it because of its more famous sibling, the Derby. In any event the weather is great there....

...on the other hand, I'm not sure if Atlanta will be so lucky for Cinco de Mayo celebrations. I'm hoping it holds out though b/c it'd be a great day. The office is contemplating closing early, but no one seems to know the proper protocol for doing so. If we do close however, I'm going to mow my grass & then hit the neighborhood party...I'd really love to take a nap though!

Google