Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hurricanes & Izzie Stevens

I saw a commercial today for the "lost" episode of It Could Happen Tomorrow, the Sunday night weather channel show. This show was filmed in NOLA in April 2005, and is about a Cat 5 striking downtown New Orleans. Apparently much of what they "predicted" actually did happen, even though Katrina only hit as a 3 in lower Plaquemines Parish on August 29. They are showing this to kick off "Hurricane Week" on June 4...the real Hurricane Season starts in 17 days on June 1...at this point the National Hurricane Center will start issuing daily updates.

Grey's Anatomy: The Season finale finally ended last night after a total of 3 hours...1 Sunday night & 2 last night. My friend pointed out that it is longer than most movies! Anyway, Izzie screwed up big time, but I've heard she is going to still be on the show in some capacity, just not as a surgical intern...any truth to this???

My landscape lights went out AGAIN. The 300 watt power pack just blew out. The on the phone told me to look to see if I have 12-gauge wire, which I have a sneaking suspicion was not in the box. If that's the case I have to pull up the wire & rebury it...fun times. Oh well.

Finally, sounds like W. has a plan for the illegal immigrants. I've heard it's more expensive to have them here & take care of them than their beneficialness (is that a word?). Also, it's making a lot of the immigrants that did it the LEGAL way angry to have them here & demanding rights...it's like giving someone who stole a car the car & free gas for life.

Google