Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Friday, April 28, 2006

Weekend

Off to have a BBQ & watch the Braves tonight...should be a fun time, & a good way to start off the weekend.

My neighbor on the backside finally got his grass mowed after the longest time. Now I just hope the neighbor on the other side does, although they get some slack b/c they just moved in a couple of weeks ago, & apparently they're from Ohio, where the snow doesn't melt until about now.

New fact of the day: The Broadmoor neighborhood of New Orleans, which is near Uptown/Garden District, was originally used by Uptown residents as a fishing hole! Now, I know modern pump technology has improved, but would you want to live somewhere that you knew people had been fishing less than 100 years ago??? That's ridiculous.

Jazz fest starts today, but Derby takes precedence, so I pay no attention, although the lineup is good. Speaking of Derby, the Derby Marathon is tomorrow...that'd be a fun one to do sometime. I did 6 miles today for my Quebec marathon...that's the "long run" for the week (how not scary!).

Of course it's supposed to rain all day Sunday when I need to mow my grass next. Argh...I feel bad cutting it when wet but I often have no choice b/c it gets so long.

Google