Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Oh Atlanta....

I hear you callin' - Allison Krauss

Big stuff here in the A...basketball is tonight, starting at 7, which means I need to get out of here at a reasonable time or traffic will be miserable. I work about 2-3 blocks from the Georgia Dome...Oh well...I always like when they have events there because they show beautiful shots of the skyline at night. I think Atlanta has one of the better skylines, especially because the city is so linear, so from the side it looks really big. Also, thought you were the only one not working?.

Also, the movie ATL is coming out next week. It's apparently about a bunch of high school kids from the Southside and one kid from Buckhead or somewhere similar trying to decide what to do w/their life. I don't think this is one of those Chamber of Commerce-approved movies though...haha. I at least wonder if it was filmed here. W/Dukes of Hazzard, I think they just filmed a few shots of the skyline & made up the rest.

Finally, if the rain holds out tonight, I'm going to cut the grass down to 1/2" for the summer (for the PGA tour of course!). I hope it doesn't look too bad after I do so. I can tell the Bermuda grass is coming up though underneath the Ryegrass.

UPDATE: I'm finally home but it was tough...w/a Trashers game & the Sweet 16 here, there were people EVERYWHERE. Lots of Duke & WVU fans...yuck. Go LSU & Texas (sounds like a good football matchup).

Also there is supposed to be some snow as far south as Cherokee County...crazy. Fannin, Towns & Union Counties are under a Winter Weather Advisory, where 2" of snow is expected.

Google