Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Sunday, January 22, 2006

So I decided last night over Margaritas that I'm starting a blog...people who know me know that I'm kinda random, so expect anything. I love the Weather Channel though and traveling, so expect heavy doses of those things...football will come in more later when college starts up again (in 8 months).

Some of the things I may be talking about:
1) New Orleans: Although I'm not from there, I have many good friends from the city and the North Shore and I think it's very interesting what has happened and how they are recovering. I often listen to WWL on the Internet and am fascinated how people are rebuilding.

2) Home Improvement: I've always got a project up my sleeve, and will be talking about what I'm doing and hoping for suggestions. Right now I'm repainting my garage (well actually waiting for the paint on the floor to dry so we can pull the cars back in). Upcoming includes landscape lighting and maybe even a sprinkler system.

3) Weather: Not that we're having anything currently, but snowstorms, hurricanes, etc. etc. I love snow and miss it, but in Atlanta, there's not much to hope for.

4) Travel & Geography: People say I know just about every zip code and area code in America, so I'll be talking about it as the mood strikes me. No trips planned, but if anything is upcoming, I'll let you know.

5) Olympics: Torino is in less than 3 weeks. I've been watching the Olympics obsessively since Calgary 1988. I don't know why I like them, but I do. Especially the Winter Games. As I said I love snow. I love curling too, although I don't know much about it, except that it's Canadian and you can drink and play @ the same time.

6) Football: Here's for hoping that the Hoos have a good season finally this year!

This list is definitely NOT exclusive.

Google