Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Friday, May 04, 2007

Kentucky Oaks

Today is Kentucky Oaks Day...I'm listening to WHAS out of Louisville, the Kentucky Derby station.

It's 63 and misty there now, with some thunderstorms in the vicinity...here is the line of storms, expected to go through Churchill Downs between 9-10 AM. I found a really cool feature on The Weather Channel website...if you type in 40208, then click on Radar, it'll show you a Google Earth-type image (actually I think it's the Microsoft product) with the rain superimposed...you can zoom in and then scroll around to find Churchill Downs and see if it's raining there at this minute!

Tomorrow's Derby weather is supposed to be much better, mid-70's and some pop-up thunderstorms.

I might be cutting the mint from my back patio tomorrow for the Juleps. Also I'm going to pull out the julep cups tomorrow, so it'll seem more "authentic".

Labels: ,

Google