Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thursday, May 03, 2007

New car & the Queen comes to Richmond!

So I got a new car yesterday! The Acura RDX is what I got. It's about the size of a large CRV, but WAY cooler, with lots of buttons and features that weren't even a thought when my old car, a 1998 QX4, came out. At that time, having automatic air conditioning was a big deal...now I have passenger & driver's side air conditioning! It has 20 miles on it now, up from 3 yesterday, and I can't even put my personalized tag on it yet until I get the paperwork to do so!

Also, the Queen (Elizabeth II) is current in Richmond visiting in preparation for a trip to Williamsburg/Jamestown for the country's 400th anniversary. Virginia is very excited, as evidenced by its license plates, which say Jamestown 400th Anniversary.

Finally, Derby Day is Saturday. Tomorrow is Oaks day, which historically is Louisville's Day at the Races, but now is simply a party almost as big as Derby itself. Now Louisvillans a lot of times go on Derby Thursday to see the races, which is only a $2 charge and is no specific "Day". My horse this year: Any Given Saturday...I like the football reference.

Labels: , , ,

Google