Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Football, football, football

So I'm in some withdrawal because there is no Tuesday or Wednesday football this week. You know those ESPN Monday Night Football commercials where they countdown until Monday? I'm the opposite...Sunday afternoon and Monday night just tide me over until college starts up again. Even if the game is bad...for instance last week was Louisiana Lafayette v. Florida Atlantic, I love watching (in sparkling HD presented by Pioneer Plasma no less). Thursday should be great though...Clemson v. Virginia Tech.

We have a HUGE game against NC State this weekend....arguably our most winnable game the rest of the season. Being at home I think we can do it but it all depends on Sewell. Some call Sewell the next Vince Young, but I'm not going that far just yet. We need 3 of 4 victories to hit bowl season again. Unlikely, but not impossible, seeing that VT, Miami & FSU are all down this year.

It's suddenly turned winter. My overseeded ryegrass lawn is due for its first cutting this week w/the freshly sharpened blade (my lawn mower place in East Cobb is closing though so next year I have to take it to Lithia Springs in Douglass County). The yard is greening up pretty good although it's a bit patchy in some areas. I hope that fills in before the dead of winter begins.

Also Daylight Savings Time ends this weekend, but it starts back the 2nd sunday in March, giving us a few extra weeks of nighttime sun. Good stuff.

Google