Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

How do you feel after winning the Gold Medal? Sick!

That was the response this morning of Ted Ligety from Salt Lake, who won the Gold in the Men's Alpine Combined last night (that's skiing) to Katie Couric asking him how he was doing. He wasn't referring to a cold...he was referring to going out WAY too late last night. I'd do the same!

I had to watch the Torino edition of the Today Show this morning b/c there was no Olympics on except for MSNBC which I don't get (& even if we did get, we wouldn't get on the bedroom television b/c we don't have a cable box up there). Last night though I got to watch some more curling and then of course the Primetime broadcast. I fell asleep during the men's figure skating though, but it was just the short program so I don't think I missed too much.

I can't wait to just lay on the couch tonight to watch more. I am exhausted today for some reason...I think it was working all weekend!

UPDATE: Apparently Johnny Weir calls himself a "princess". He's a men's US Figure Skater. I don't think ANYONE, woman or especially man, should call themselves princess unless that honor is bestowed upon them. Strange.

Also, I was looking forward to watching Olympics on my lunch break while working out, except it's only on MSNBC, which is Channel 120 here & requires a cable box. I can't watch the news b/c I'll find the results. Frustrating.

Google