Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Monday, July 30, 2007

Are things heating up in the Tropics/Tour de France

First, I finished watching the Tour de France after three weeks...no I was not watching the entire time, but I tuned in enough to know what was going on, with all the doping scandals and all. A Discovery Channel team member got 1st & 3rd, and got both the white and yellow jersies...I'm sure Lance [Armstrong] had nothing to do with that...haha.

In addition, there are 2 areas of "concern" in the Atlantic Basin. The first will probably curve out to sea if it forms at all, but the 2nd, in the middle of the Atlantic, is a little more frightening and may get its act together. Which if any will be Chantal and/or Dean? I'll keep you posted on that one.

As everyone keeps reminding us, this could be a bad year still like 2004 when the 1st storm didn't form until 7/31/04. We shall find out.

UPDATE: Check out these articles about the US/Canadian border, one in Blaine, Washington and one in Derby Line, Vermont/Rock Island, Quebec.

Labels: , ,

Google