Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Monday, July 07, 2008

Bertha Good News/Bad News

Bertha has suddenly become a Category 3, or major, hurricane. That is the bad news. The good news is that because it is now so strong, it is more easily steered by fronts and things. There is such a front pushing off the Atlantic coast which will take Bertha north, then east, and most likely it will even miss Bermuda. There is still a small chance it will not recurve however, so interests in South Carolina north are advised to keep their guards up.

This weekend I did nothing but drink and exercise, sometimes at the same time...playing tennis, running a 10K (Peachtree!), two cookouts and a trip to Bella's Pizzeria in Smyrna make for a tiring weekend! Plus I got to play (finally) Guitar Hero for the very first time.

We actually got about .78" of rain this weekend, which is more than double our total for the month of June. The plants I'm sure are very happy but I'm not sure it helped the lake situation any more (btw, Lanier is at its lowest level since it was originally filled in the 50's). I'm guessing harder water restrictions may again be in our future as early as this month. In any event, it won't help my yard which already looks bad!

Labels: , ,

Google