Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Peachtree Eve and potential Bertha?

Well tomorrow is the big day, the Peachtree Road Race. Why else would I get up at 6 AM to go running on a national holiday? Again I'm in group 1A, so I'll have to run fast to keep up (and hopefully not stay too far behind the Kenyans!). I'm excited though and the weather looks to be good.

Also, a potential Bertha is churning out by the Cape Verde Islands. This is very early in the year for a "Cape Verde" storm to form, but it looks like it may miss land, or at the very worst (for the U.S.) hit up around Maine or somewhere, which would weaken it since the water is still so cold there. It's scheduled to become a tropical storm, and get its name, sometime later today.

Labels: ,

Google