Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Is Spring Finally Here?

So the Freeze Warning expired this morning at 9 AM, and it appears there was no harm, in fact it appears that our area escaped with a low reading at 6 AM of about 33. However, there is still Frost Advisories posted for Rabun County, as well as Brooks, Grady, Lowndes & Thomas, and areas around Tallahassee Florida for tonight. There are also frost advisories for areas around Richmond, Williamsburg & the Hampton Roads excluding Virginia Beach. Our forecast merely calls for lows of around 40, so we're going to go ahead and do our summer planting tonight. I'll have to be efficient, because usually it takes me the better part of a Saturday, however I'm going to Home Depot straight away after work, and getting to planting as soon as I get home. My wife will walk the dog. This year we're doing red begonias and impatiens again. Those should fair well in the drought, as well as with supplemental water from my rain barrel.

Labels: ,

Google