Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Sunday, April 13, 2008

No spring quite yet!

A Freeze Watch has just been issued for late Monday night/Tuesday morning for Metro Atlanta, the place in the line of danger is west of this line, which may or may not include our house depending on whether you draw a line using roads (as in the Mapquest map), or draw a straight line from Thomaston to Kennesaw. Either way, most likely I will be covering my hyrdrangeas and roses tomorrow, and more probably Tuesday night just to be on the safe side.

In addition, my major spring planting was to be done on Saturday. However I did not do this, and instead sat around watching Masters, as I didn't want to risk the plants dying. Instead, I will do the planting on Wednesday night after work (and if we get lucky and the forecast changes, Tuesday night as well).

I watched a LOT of the Masters this weekend. It is such an awesome event in high definition. Apparently however, it is even more beautiful in real life. After I watch Live from the Masters tomorrow morning, I will probably lay off golf for a while, although there is the Verizon Heritage next weekend from Hilton Head, and that is always cool, especially since I've been there many times. Congrats to South African Trevor Immelman...he led basically the entire way and is the first South African to win in 30 years (since his idol Gary Player). Although conditions were windy, there was only a bit of rain, and they were able to get in the rounds each day basically on schedule.

Labels: , , ,

Google