Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Friday, December 29, 2006

A loonnggg day of football

But first, we went last night to the John Paul Jones Arena or JPJ at UVa for a basketball game against American, which we easily won. The coach for American however played for UVa so he got a warm reception...I wonder if the reception would have been so warm if we had not won so easily!!!

Today is a host of really good bowls, including Music City (Go UK), Liberty (Go Cocks!), Insight (Go Texas Tech), and Champs Sports (as much as it pains me, go Maryland....of course if I have a cocktail or two before 8 PM eastern, I may change my mind about this!). The Insight Bowl is on the NFL Network which is channel 212 on Richmond's DirecTV, but most people do not get it. That was a problem last night with Rutgers' game which was also on NFL, but I think folks in New York & New Jersey got a week for free to watch it so they wouldn't miss their game!

Tonight is a West Avenue cocktail party...very exciting. Every time I come up here I think I want to move back. I would get to run down Monument Avenue every day & look at the parade of decorations go up for Halloween, Christmas & Easter.

Alright, 10 minutes until the Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl.

Google