Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Monday, August 13, 2007

This is getting serious

No sooner did I get back from the beach to find out that Tropical Depression 4 has formed in the Atlantic, a classic Cape Verde storm, and that an area of low pressure is forming in the Gulf of Mexico, that may eventually become Dean and strike the western Gulf Coast...all I can say is good thing we didn't go to the Gulf on our actual anniversary weekend, which was this upcoming weekend. Dean looks to be bad, and could reach Cat 3 strength by the end of the week, strike the Caribbean, and head towards the Gulf Coast People in Florida are already recommending that homeowners get their supply kits ready. More information as it becomes available! I would suspect anyone from about Miami to Houston should keep an eye on this storm.

Other than that, it's just been HOT...4 straight days of 100+ here in Atlanta, and my yard is showing the signs of that, with the exception of two green patches from where my sprinklers watered while I was away. Yikes. At least 2-3 more 100+ days this week...I wonder if Dean or Erin will hit us and we may actually get some rain! For now we are in the worst category of drought, which is a not a good sign...that drought covers most of western Georgia, over to about GA-400.

Labels: ,

Google