Hurricanes & Zip Codes

Blogging about anything and everything that's on my mind.

Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's getting to be that time of year....

This weekend is a big weekend, as I'll be putting out the Christmas lights. Tuesday before we leave, I'll put the candles in the windows (because I'll FINALLY be done washing all of our windows, which I've done a few a day of since the beginning of November!). The traditional "Grand Illumination" day for me is November 27, but this year that is Thanksgiving and we'll be in Williamsburg, so I'll turn everything on Sunday, November 30. This year I'm still doing the candles, the foundation plantings and the archway in the back, but instead of doing all three front trees, I'm going to try to do a fountain effect on the middle tree right at the corner of the two streets we live on. This weekend I'm off to Lowes in Austell to stock up on any new extension cords and replacement lights I may need (since I have a gift card to use). Hopefully at the end it will all look like Monument Avenue in Richmond!

I think Hurricane Season is about done. We had Paloma a few weeks ago which caused havoc in the Cayman Islands and Cuba. The election is over and CNN is now just downright depressing (plus their hologram thing on election night was downright creepy).

It's off to Williamsburg next week, and then we're having a Lexington Christmas. Bowl season does not look promising for UVa, as we still need to win a game just to be eligible, and then most likely we'll be shipped off to Boise!

Labels: , , , ,

Google